I try to consume a steady diet of stuff from smart people, like:
- Seth Godin – marketing, creating remarkable work
- Litmus – crazy useful stuff about email marketing
- 99% Invisible – a tiny radio show about design, with Roman Mars
- New York Public Library Podcasts – smart, intrepid people talk to each other
- RadioParadise.com – great music to drive by
I also buy a lot of books & magazines that deserve to be read faster than I read them. On the pile at present:
- The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly
- Designing Interactions by Bill Moggridge
- Brand Thinking and Other Noble Pursuits by Debbie Millman
- The Passion Conversation by Robbin Phillips
I plan to attend Raleigh’s Hopscotch Design Festival again this year, and I’m super-psyched to be part of the planning gang for Charlotte’s shiny new chapter of Creative Mornings. I am sad I can’t get to Austin in November for the National Arts Marketing Project conference – it’s always such a great gathering sponsored by Americans for the Arts. I’ve also been known to attend SXSW Interactive and WOMMA.
Am I missing something good? Let me know about it!